Tuesday 29 March 2011

First Tours!

How exciting! Just had confirmed my first booking on a solo tour - Rochester, this Sunday. Fingers crossed it goes well. Mixture of fear and excitement. Just wish it wasn't so last minute to get everything sorted. Only have 1 day free now this week to do the recee, it shall be a very intensive day!

I must also be up early tomorrow for helping my friend, Lyn, with a Treasure Hunt in Brighton in the morning; then she is showing me the ropes for the ghost tours in the afternoon! Busy, busy!

A CPD fills my Thursday - CPD meaning Continual Professional Development - when I will be in Pluckley and Smarden with SEETGA.

Just gives me Friday to go to Rochester. Saturday is the day before my partner's birthday and we are out and about (yes, I am working on his actual birthday, and on Mothering Sunday too!), just won't be a late one on Saturday so I get up and get sorted for Sunday. Wow, what a week planned, with a Brighton Tour on the Monday as well, I'm going to really enjoy my day off next Tuesday!

Oh and almost forgot that tonight I am going to "Meet the Brewer" of Nelson's Brewery, Chatham (near to Rochester). This is at the Opera House in Tunbridge Wells - well, the Wetherspoon's pub that is in what was the Opera House of Tunbridge Wells. A very fine building indeed. I think I shall bring some books on Charles Dickens to begin my revision for Sunday! If you didn't know, Dickens grew up around the Chatham/Rochester area, then lived his last few years at Gad's Hill, Higham, and based many of his characters and places on buildings/people in Rochester.

I will let you all know how it goes as soon as I get a free moment! Lots to tell I think when I do get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment