Thursday 12 July 2012

Summer so far and the Olympic Torch is on its way!

Summer has been busy and has seen me travelling all across the South East - over to Brighton, to Hastings, Canterbury, Whitstable, Battle and many more. As well as these tours and my regular Tunbridge Wells tours I have also had some really interesting private tours to keep me busy - including school tours and family history research. It's been very satisfying creating a walk which includes the original home of someone's ancestors and taking people to where their family is buried; especially when some people have travelled from half way around the world to do this. It can be very moving.

As you may have already seen from my website that I'm starting Canterbury Historic Pub Tours and details of the upcoming dates etc can be found under Events/Tours. Walk in the footsteps of Pilgrims, Saints and Kings in beautiful Canterbury. You can always combine your stay with a Historic Pub Tour in the evening plus a day time historic tour around the city with me. Plenty of free time too to enjoy those cafes, the river side and the shopping!

Next week I'm looking forward to a busy week including my first Canterbury Pub Tour on Friday 20th July at 7pm (£10pp. Contact me to book your place). Plus the Olympic Torch starts its tour through Kent in Tunbridge Wells on Tuesday. I shall be there on the historic Pantiles cheering the flame on its way, before offering visitors their own walk around the area at midday. The following weekend is the start of the 30th modern Olympiad in London and in celebration of this and in retrospect of the two previous London games, I will be helping create a Vintage Olympic spirit as part of The Pantiles Vintage Weekend (www.pantilestraders.co.uk).



No comments:

Post a Comment