Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy St David's Day - 1st March


Well, I'm back!! Apologies it's been so long since I've been on my blog updating - planning and organising fantastic tours for 2012 have taken over and I've neglected my blogging duties.

I will soon be able to reveal exciting news re some Tunbridge Wells projects I have running at the moment, as well as other new tours to come around the South East. Remember that I can create tours to your interests, whether it's just for a couple, family, group or corporate team.

I thought I would start my new blog with a lovely sunny picture of a daffodil, especially as the sun has been shining all day here. It was the first time today that I could sit out without a coat on and do some studying outside!! Let's hope the weather hasn't lulled us into a false sense of security!

The Daffodil is significant for today, as it is St David's Day (or Dydd Gwyl Dewi) - St David being the Patron Saint of Wales. St David is said to have been born in Wales in the 5th Century and founded a monastic community at Glyn Rhosin. It is said he died on 1 March 588 CE.

Walking around town today I could see a few daffodils pinned to people's coats and jackets. It's a brave person who dons the leek as well - another emblem, along with the daffodil, often worn by the Welsh (and a rather yummy vegetable too!).

Of course the 1st March heralds the start of Spring here in the UK. Looking forward to the season ahead and sharing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment